Oldhamstocks Community Association

Committee Meeting held in the Hall on 21st June 2018


Minutes


Welcome: Neil welcomed everyone present.


Present: Neil Richerby, Chair, Barbara Richerby, John Hanvidge, Janice Hanvidge, Sharon Simpson, GordonSimpson, Lauryn Simpson, Alex Ainslie, Chris Bruce and Alison Mells.


Apologies: Nikki Edge, Isla-May Edge, David Legge, Kaleena Hanvidge, Nathan Simpson, Miriam Mells and Nathanael Mells.


Minutes of the May meeting were approved.


Matters Arising: the afternoon tea event had been very successful and enjoyable (thanks to all organisers), and £303 was raised; the newsletters to the community have been delivered.


Treasurer's report: the current balance is £12, 455.13. Available funds stand at £4,503. The balance in the windfarm benefits accounts is as before.


Co'path meeting – Kinegar windfarm benefits: Neil, Gordon and Chris had attended a meeting in Co'path where there was discussion about the disbursement of benefits from the Kinegar (formerly called East Neuk) windfarm. Initial contact from Kinegar had been with Co'path Community Council only, but CCC are supportive of a contract being drawn up (along the lines of the contract with Hoprigshiels) agreeing to share benefits with Oldhamstocks. Negotiations are underway between Kinegar and CCC (Chris liaising on OCA's behalf).

Of other interest, there was also talk of Scottish Government funding being available to facilitate the employment (part-time) by community organisations of a development worker to oversee/manage a 'community action plan'. In other parts of Scotland, windfarm benefits are being used, for example, to give extra support for local healthcare workers, or sponsorship for over 16s apprenticeships with local businesses. (Preston, Bonkyl and Abbey St Bathans CC already employ a development worker to manage their action plan, and ELCC is investigating this possibility.)


SCIO update: Gordon advised the committee of the different types of constitution possible, and we agreed that the 2-tier system is the most suitable and beneficial for the whole community (1st tier consists of everyone in the parish; 2nd tier is the committee who are trustees, each with a liability of £1). A template and application guidance are available – Gordon will circulate to the committee – and support from STRIVE can ensure a smooth registration with OSCR. This item for progressing at the next meeting.                                                                                                                   Gordon


Maintenance issues: we agreed to get a new key-safe and more robust picture fixings. Alex will ask Peter Ainslie if he can fix the sink overflow in the kitchen. We agreed to refresh paintwork , inside and outside, and to put a new coat of preservative on the Mill Cottage path bridge – this work to be done on Sunday 29th July, starting at 2pm. John Hanvidge will purchase paint. 

                                                                                                                                    Alex, John, All


New Hall project: bike storage – we approved the S&B suggestion to use part of the shed (existing, being retained in its current position) for covered bike parking/storage. An internal wall can be added, and the rear part of the shed could be availablefor storing Flower Show equipment.

Mediation – there has been no news on this. Neil will contact Cris Thacker of ELCC to discuss a timescale indication/limit.                                                                                                            Neil

Drainage investigation/survey – this hasn't yet been carried out. Neil will chase this up.    Neil


Social events:

All-ability bike event (ride from Oldhamstocks to the Strawberry Barn at Thistly Cross) will be held (weather permitting) on Saturday 4th August, starting at 9.30am. Gordon will see to advertising via FaceBook and website, Chris will organise posters, Barbara will email community.

                                                                                                                        Gordon, Chris, Barbara


Music event will be held in Oldhamstocks church on Friday 21st September at 7pm – various performers. Any profit will go to the church.


AOB:

A local film-maker/drone photographer, Geoff Carter from Dunbar, will run a drone over the Oldhamstocks area soon (for free, in return for a mention on the website) – still photos will be made available later.

Using Format